KAIROS is designed to educate, inspire and challenge Christians to meaningful participation in God’s heart for all the nations. It is a tool God is using to help transform the worldview of believers, so they see themselves as having been blessed in order to be a blessing to all people groups.
Format and content
KAIROS is a nine-session course that covers four major areas:
- Biblical – We discover that mission lies at the center of God’s concern and that an overriding theme throughout the whole Bible is God blessing His people to be a blessing to all people groups.
- Historical – God’s mission purpose can be seen throughout history. We gain much from studying the past successes and failures of the church in the area of mission expansion.
- Strategic – We learn about strategy and key mission strategies that bear fruit in reaching unreached people groups in today’s world. Every believer and church has a significant role to play.
- Cultural – Mission involves crossing cultures. We learn what culture is and see what it takes to communicate and make disciples in a culture different from our own.
KAIROS uses a variety of learning methods and activities such as:
- Devotional Teaching
- Prayer for Least Reached Peoples
- Introductions to Readings
- Video Teachings
- Small Group Interaction
- Special Cultural Activities
KAIROS can be conducted using several formats. The most common format is one evening a week for nine weeks. It can also be conducted over several weekends, as an intensive course over four and a half days, or some variation of these formats.