The SM Movement is a movement dedicated to the mobilization of all God’s people into meaningful involvement in the world Christian movement, through the formation of a biblical worldview that sees God’s mission as the call upon every believer’s life and the primary purpose of the existence of the Church – both universal and local.
What We Do
Simply Mobilizing has a vision to see all God’s people mobilized for the world Christian movement. Our courses and programs are specifically developed to help form a missional worldview leading to engagement with God, on mission, in today’s world.
Developing Missional Churches
We are passionate about seeing missional churches across Canada in every language, equipping and facilitating God’s people to be on mission with God.
Mobilizing All God’s People
We are passionate about seeing all God’s people mobilized to be fruitfully engaged with God, on mission.
We are passionate about seeing mobilization as a valid ministry in the Body of Christ and the empowering of mobilizers to function effectively in this God-given ministry.
How We Do It
Simply Mobilizing is a volunteer led movement. Each of us who volunteers believes that God’s mission is intended to be a movement of all God’s people, empowered by the Holy Spirit, living a life on mission with God. While no course facilitators or leaders receive an honorarium or paycheque for their work from course registrations, they are reimbursed for direct course-related expenses such as course supplies, travel expenses, etc. Other Simply Mobilizing volunteers, while not necessarily involved in leading courses, contribute to the movement by translating course curriculum into other languages, formatting materials into e-reader format, developing marketing materials and managing our social media content, etc.
We are so very grateful for all our amazing volunteer team!
We fund our work through registration fees charged for Simply Mobilizing Canada courses and through donations offered to grow the movement.
Registration fees charged for Simply Mobilizing Canada courses are used as follows:
- To provide course materials needed by the participants e.g. Books, prayer guides, worksheets, manuals, videos, etc.
- To cover the expenses of SM volunteers e.g. course materials, mileage/travel for ‘in-person’ courses.
- To make available technology that supports the SM courses e.g. video conferencing software, course manager software, website, database, file sharing platforms, etc.
- To cover administrative supports e.g. IT support, accounting/finance, promotion, etc.
Any surplus from course income is used for the following purposes:
- To develop and train volunteer leaders for growth and momentum in Canada in all appropriate languages. Currently SM offerings courses in English, French, Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean, and Vietnamese. Plans are underway for other languages.
- To work with our global counterparts to develop and grow SM programs in countries where it does not yet exist or is just beginning. Canada has been involved in developing SM programs in Poland, Belgium, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, etc. Currently we are focusing on Haiti and Mauritius and collaborating with our South American colleagues to develop SM programs in Caribbean nations.
- To support identified priority projects described on the Donate page.
Simply Mobilizing Canada operates as a ministry of Outreach Canada and as such operates within their legal and financial systems, which are aligned with CRA requirements.